Did you buy into the “No New Year’s Resolutions” hype this year? Starting at the end of November and all through December we witness people get disgusted and irritated with those who talk about bettering themselves in the coming year. I mean I get it, some people do use the new year resolution as a procrastination and cop out measure. But is that an excuse for everyone (I use that loosely) to be against New Year goal setting?
Resolution: a formal expression of opinion or intention made…a resolve or determination (to come to a definite or earnest decision about; determine to do something)…the mental state or quality of being resolved or resolute; firmness of purpose. [dictionary.com]
When you look at the word resolution and its various definitions I can’t help but to think…what’s so bad about making them? What’s so bad about setting yourself up to accomplish your goals?
Don’t you have a desire to reach the places that you see in your dreams? (We know that our dreams are short sided and that moving beyond them is something that God has already planned to do) They aren’t going to happen with us screaming “no new year’s resolutions” into the world.
It is my hope that every action I take will be directed towards obtaining my dreams no matter how far fetched they seem. But first I have to have some kind of formal expression or intention, or come to a definite decision in my
I don’t care what you call them, but I do desire for each and every one of you to reach every goal, dream, resolution that you have in your heart! So do yourself a favor. If you haven’t already:
1. Acknowledge the desires/visions/goals you want to accomplish this year. Pray for God to open your spirit up to the great possibilities.
2. Make it up in your mind or resolve that you will accomplish that goal or at least be closer to completion.
3. Write out what you see…make it plain
4. Goals aren’t enough. Write out how you plan to meet your end in small achievable steps and when you plan to start and complete that task.
5. Find someone to hold you accountable. Share your goals with them!
6. Begin to act
7. Review them often! And revise when necessary!
8. Let God lead you. If it’s something that is no longer meshing with your heart of hearts pray about it and see if and where any turns need to happen. These things aren’t finite but a guideline. Of course you want to be consistent but you also want to be open to the Holy Spirit’s guidance.
We deserve to have joyous and productive years regardless of what is going on around us! It’s never to late to have a new year, new month, new whatever resolution. Again, call it what you want as long as you’re dreaming and charting ways to catch those dreams, you’re alright with me! I guarantee you next year it will be so exciting to cross all those things off your list and start reaching for higher!
What are some of your resolutions or things you would like to see changed and improved by this time next year? Where do you want to travel? What do you see yourself doing? Leave them in the comments below!
Looking 4 something specific? Search 4 it :)
Join Me On...
For daily nuggets and of course so we can connect :)